Why Designate a Data Protection Officer (CIL)?
- Compliance: The DPO has an essential advisory role for their organization. They verify the compliance of the organization’s personal data processing with the law.
- Simplification of Administrative Formalities: The DPO allows you to benefit from lighter administrative obligations regarding CNIL prior notifications for your most common data processing activities.
- CNIL Interlocutor: The DPO is a preferential intermediary for the CNIL.
- Guardian for Individuals’ Rights: The DPO ensures the respect and handling of requests regarding the exercise of individuals’ rights.
- Image and Reputation: The DPO logo (CIL) is proof of your organization’s accountability and ethical commitment to protecting personal data.
- Transitioning to the General Data Protection Regulation: The designation of a Data Protection Officer will be compulsory for certain organizations and data processing.